steps from the back of the pack.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Goals

Hello!  I'm a "back of the pack" type of runner.  I am not in it to win it.  I'm not in it to get a PR.  I'm just here for the experience, to finish, and maybe collect some hardware along the way.

The goal of this blog is to hold me accountable to my scheduled runs, mileage, pace, and overall eating habits.  I had a previous running blog that I regret deleting.  It helped me so much when in training and so I decided to create another one.
 
I have many excuses:  I like to sleep.  I have a baby.  I'm a wife.  I have a full time job.  I don't have time.  It's too cold.  It's too hot.  I'm tired.  My knees hurt.  My back hurts.  I need sleep. Bla bla bla...
 
I really want to burn all those excuses and just make it happen.

I have a marathon I'd like to run in early January.  My goal for this race is to run it as easy as possible.  It is a part of my training for the "real" marathon.

The "real" marathon is in February.  My goal is just to finish it and get my third medal.
 
My ult(ra)imate goal is to run an Ultra Marathon.  I have been wanting to do this ever since I crossed the finish line of my first marathon in April 2009.  I really like long distance running and I want to see how far this soon to be 30 year old body can carry me!

The most meaningful thing in all of this is I have my husbands support.  He knows I'm a better person when I run.  And if I don't run I will most likely get a rep for being one "Mad Momma."

Please feel free to comment, give advice, & follow!  It makes a girl happy to hear feedback!

4 comments:

  1. You have awesome goals set and I really think that you can do it!!! I on the other hand, would have to have something chasing me before I will run, and there is a part of me that would question the scariness of the chaser, as well. KUDOS TO YOU...Achieve your goal!!! Show Rollins you can accomplish anything with God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! Some days I feel I need to have a monster behind me to keep me going. That's why I set goals and talk about them (once I convince myself I think I can do them). Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome news!! Look forward to cheering you on! Like Jamie said, I would have to have a big monster chasing me before I could get motivated to run so I'm super jealous of your determination. Also, I adore this Neil Young song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashley, it dawned on me today that I do have a monster chasing me. It's name is "approaching 30 and freakin' out." Neil Young will always stay in my top 10. Keep the comments coming. I'll need a lot of motivation / cheering to keep me going!

    ReplyDelete