steps from the back of the pack.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Snoozing Baby = Happy Runner

I had to work around Rollins' schedule for Friday's run.  Even though it's harder work and slows me down I like having him with me.  The perfect time to do things is right after he eats.  He was happy, full, and had a clean diaper.  He was also ready for a nap by the time I put him in the jogger.

Weather: 80 degrees, warm, sunny
Distance: 5.23
Average Pace: 13:30 (see I am slow)
Total Time: 1:10:38
Calories Burned: 460
On iTunes: Windsurfing Nation by Broken Social Scene

I start my watch the minute I step outside and turn it off when I open the door.  My time always includes the warm up , cool downs, and occasional 5 minute walk (or two).

Only 6 miles is on my training schedule for Sunday's long run.  If my right knee will hold up I will try and make it for 8.  On a previous long run I made the mistake of not warming up properly.  I'm obviously still paying for it.  The pain will cause those 5 minute walk breaks.

Motivation from a New Balance Ad

Here's to hoping for a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment