steps from the back of the pack.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Meb, Meb, Meb

NYC Marathon is this weekend.  I LOVE watching marathons on TV.  I watched the Olympics, NYC last year, and any others that come on TV.  I remember tearing up when Meb crossed the finish line last year.  Put politics and college football aside.  It was a moment where we were all cheering for the same team... USA!!  It was a moment where I felt proud to be an American!  He was the 1st American since 1982 to win the largest marathon in the world. 


I dream of being at the back of pack of a big marathon like this.  What a feeling to know elite runners and olympic athletes are leading you!

"Like the marathon, life can sometimes be difficult, challenging and present obstacles, however if you believe in your dreams and never ever give up, things will turn out for the best.”
- Meb

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!" - Phil 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment