steps from the back of the pack.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Will It Happen?

I overslept Thursday morning and crammed a 1.5 mile workout in.  Does that counts as a workout.  I walked a good bit just to warm my legs up a bit.  I felt fine but had to get home and get the day going.

I ran 3 miles on Saturday (running for 4 minutes / walking for 1).  IT Band started hurting so I walked the last mile home.  I had a 90 minute massage planned (thanks Hank).  The massage therapist had an emergency and it was cancelled.  I ended up going to Fleet Feet Sports and talked to someone about my IT Band issue.  I ended up buying another tool to help me.  The Foam Roller.  These tools are helping me, however, everyone I talk to says I'll end up in physical therapy.  This saddens me and makes me now think that the marathon is just no longer attainable.  I'm barely getting in enough time to run; how in the world will I have time for therapy?

Unfortunately the 14 mile I planned has been moved back.  I'm reevaluating my training plan.  I'm basically seeing how far this wimpy leg will carry me.  I'm also going to look into physical therapist (just in case).  I don't want this to really interfere with the marathon (if it happens).

I'm left with the feelings of disappointment, sadness, failure, and just mad. 

This training feels different.  I'm not as connected as I was before.  I don't feel I'm running enough.  I don't feel my mind is in the game!  I don't feel I'm eating right, drinking enough water, stretching enough, or doing enough cross training.  Never mind.  I'm not doing ANY cross training!  I have no where to cross train!  I'm really on the down and out about the whole thing.  I'm discouraged.

Ugh.

I'm so frustrated.

Goal this week is three 4 mile runs and [God willing] a 10K race this weekend.  If I'm physically able to run this race it will be the most humbling race.  I'm prepared for a time over an hour :)  I usually run 10K between 50 - 60 minutes.  I think my fastest was right under 50 minutes.

I think I'll go for a run to clear my thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment