steps from the back of the pack.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Nice.

I've been working real hard at home to stretch out my IT Band and tonight it paid off.  The pain hasn't gone away completely but it isn't hurting as bad.  I'm not out of the woodwork just yet!  I honestly don't think this will just disappear.  I'm prepared for good runs and bad runs.  I have forgotten what an emotion roller coaster training can be.  One minute I feel confident and the next I feel I'm going to lose it.  One minute I feel like dropping out and the next I'm in it 100%. 

Monday's Run:
Weather: 70 degrees, perfect!
Distance 4.23
Average Pace: 12:44
Total Time: 53:53
Calories Burned: 374
On iTunes: Addicted To Love by Florence + The Machines {LOVE LOVE this song}

Thursday MORNING'S run:
Weather: 47 degrees, dark, gloomy, sprinkles... loved it!
Distance: 2.65
Average Pace: 12.20
Total Time: 32:43
Calories Burned: 230
On iTunes: Washed By The Water by Needtobreathe

Next is Race Day on Saturday!!  So excited and scared.  Still working on the IT Band and I have a fear that it will give in on me half way through the race.  It's only a 10K but I'm still nervous!

I plan on placing myself in the back of the pack.  I will start off walking to warm up my legs and then get going on my run / walk method.  Praying I cross that finish line whether I run, walk or crawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment